2. Children.This Site is not intended for children under 18 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18.
3. Gathering, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information. We collect both Non-Personally-Identifying Information and Personally-Identifying Information from you. “Non–Personally–Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. “Personally–Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity. Personally– Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person or entity and any other information that is linked or linkable to an individual.
- Gathering Non-Personally- Identifying Information.(i) Web Browsers. Like most site operators, we gather Non- Personally-Identifying Information from you of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving this Site. (ii) Web Cookies. A “Web Cookie” is a string of information that a site stores on your computer, and your browser provides to this Site, each time you submit a query to this Site. We may use Web Cookies to track the pages that you visit during each Site session, both to help us improve your experience and to help us understand how this Site is being used. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU SHOULD SET YOUR BROWSER TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THIS SITE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. IF YOU REFUSE WEB COOKIES, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
(iii) Web Beacons.
A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of this Site. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
- Use of Non-Personally-Identifying Information. We analyze Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from users of this Site to help us better understand how this Site is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design this Site to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. We link information gathered using Non- Personally-Identifying Information to Personally-Identifying Information.
- Disclosure of Non-Personally- Identifying Information. From time to time, we may also release the Non–Personally–Identifying Information gathered from Site users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of this Site.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally–Identifying Information. We will not disclose your Personally-Identifying Information to third parties unless we obtain your permission to do so at the time we collect it, except as set forth below:
- Registration and Other Information. When you register with this Site, you may be asked to disclose Personally–Identifying Information. You may also choose to submit Personally-Identifying Information to us when you send us an email or use any interactive features and services that we may make available from time to time on this Site.
- Information that we Collect Regarding your Household Solar Power Use. When you purchase or lease a solar system from us or from one of our distributors, you provide us with certain personal details about you or your household, and give us access to information about the use of this solar system by your household, such as the energy produced, the energy utilized, or the time of the day when the energy is utilized. This data is incorporated into our monitoring system and used for various purposes, such as to monitor the activity of your solar system or provide you with services that you have agreed to receive.
- Material You Choose to Reveal in On-line Forums, Blogs, Message Boards, Chat Rooms or Similar Locations. You may post Personally-Identifying Information on areas of this Site that may be viewed by other users or the public, although we recommend that you do not do so. We urge you to use good judgment and not post Personally-Identifying Information that you do not want other users to know. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM YOUR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION.
- DMCA Infringement Notifications, Notices of Violations of Site Terms of Service and Other Communications Directed to Us. By submitting a Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA“) Infringement Notification or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through this Site), you consent to have this communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communications in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For notices other than DMCA Infringement Notifications, upon request, we will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications (including any Personally-Identifiable Information set forth in the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
- Invite Friend Feature. We may offer you the ability to send friends emails about this Site. If you choose to use this feature, we will only use your friends’ email addresses on a one-time basis to send the requested email and will not store or otherwise retain this information.
- Security. We take reasonable precautions to protect the security of your information. However, neither people nor security systems are foolproof. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personally-Identifying Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- Storage of Personally Identifying Information Outside of the United States and Canada. Personally-Identifying Information may be stored on servers outside of the United States and Canada, and, as a result, may be subject to access requests from law enforcement in other jurisdictions.
(iv) Marketing Communications. We may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also provide your Personally-Identifying Information to third parties so that those third parties may directly contact you about products and services. If you wish to opt-out of receiving emails from us or from third parties, please follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
6. Tailored Messages.
- Do Not Track Policy. California law requires that operators of websites and online services disclose how they respond to a Do Not Track signal and whether other third parties may collect personally identifiable information about an individual’s online activities from their site or service. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, Direct Solar does not currently respond to Do Not Track signal. We continue to work with the online industry to define a common understanding of how to treat Do Not Track signals. However, in the meantime, if you do want your use of the Daylight Energy Service not to be tracked so that we can send you targeted advertisements, please contact us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
- Access to Information. You have a right to contact us in order to access or update any personal information that we may store about you.
- Contact Us. If you wish to contact us, please contact us at the following addresses and include your name, address and email address in your correspondence to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
This Notice is effective as of May 2021.
This Notice applies to the personally identifiable information that we collect or receive from:
- Consumers who request solar panel system financing to obtain our solar panels and related products
and/or services (“customers”); and
- Correspondence, telephone, email or similar communications, to, or received from our customers.
We collect your personally identifiable information for example when you:
- Apply for a lease or other form of financing;
- Give us your income information or provide employment information;
- Provide account information or give us your contact information.
- Use an online account; and
- Use one of our financing products or services. We also receive your personally identifiable information from information services and consumer reporting agencies.
- We only collect the personally identifiable information necessary for the purpose of managing the customer’s account and responding to the customer’s requests for assistance regarding our solar panels and related services;
- We maintain reasonable administrative, technical and physical measures to protect your privacy and ensure the confidentiality and security of your personally identifiable information;
- We do not share your personally identifiable information with Non-Affiliated Entities for marketing purposes;
- We do not sell customer personally identifiable information;
- We contractually require any person or organization that provides products or services on our behalf to protect our customers’ personally identifiable information; and
- We do not allow those who are doing business on our behalf to use personally identifiable information for their own marketing purposes.
WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW
- Contact information (name, address, phone number, email address of the owners or co-owners of the dwelling);
- Proof of identity;
- Social Security number;
- Account balances and payment history;
- Credit scores and history;
- Employment and income information; and
- Utility bills.
- Our everyday business purposes in order to process your transactions and maintain your account(s);
- Our compliance with applicable law, to respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus;
- Our marketing purposes to offer our products and services to you;
- Affiliates’ everyday business purposes regarding your transactions and experiences; and
- Financial Institutions’ purposes, in order to provide jointly with Daylight Energy and its Affiliates, administrative services in conjunction with the distribution of the solar panels under joint venture agreement.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We use personally identifiable information about customers to:
- Provide them with data regarding our solar products and financing services (marketing);
- Send correspondences, including electronic communications;
- Create and maintain their account;
- Create an online account; and
- Create lease relationships or other forms of financing.
WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
We may share relevant personally identifiable information:
- Companies related by common ownership or control, financial and/or nonfinancial companies, joint ventures or subsidiaries of Daylight Energy;
- Distributors, dealers, installers, agents and other companies that perform services for us (“Non- Affiliated Entities”);
- Financial institutions, or their organic subsidiaries, who finance the leases and other forms of financing, and other entities who help manage the leases and other forms of financing, send
- Credit Bureau (regarding late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account); and
- Government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce our rights, or respond to legal requests made in compliance with applicable law (subpoena, search warrant, court order).
We will not share personally identifiable information we collect with Non-Affiliated Entities except as permitted by Nevada law, such as to process your transaction or to maintain your account.
When you are no longer a customer, we may continue to share your personally identifiable information as described in this notice.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
If a material change is made to this Notice, a revised version of this Notice will be made available to you.
All customers are granted the right to access, modify, correct, delete, or update their personally identifiable information. To do so, please contact us as indicated below.